How to create a Mailing/Distribution List
A Mailing List is an email address that automates sending an email to many people at once. It’s like sending an email to many people in your email software but without the bother of adding them to the CC: or BCC: areas of your email.
It is worth creating a Mailing List if:
- you have a list of people who need to receive certain information
- you need to send information fairly frequently to the same people
To create a Mailing List using your Plesk Control Panel log onto your account and click on the Mail icon.
- Click Add New Mail Account
- Enter the name of your mailing list, do not enter a password, and uncheck “Mailbox”. Click OK.
- Once the screen has refreshed, click the Mail group icon:
- Click the Add New Member icon
and then either enter an email address of one of the persons on your Mailing List and/or click the checkbox next to the name of one of the people in the list lower down (if there are any), and click OK.
- Keep adding names to your Mail Group until the list contains all of the people who you wish included on this list. Then, click the Switch On icon. This enables your new Mailing List.
From now on, every time anybody sends an email to your Mailing List name (which, in this example, is email@example.com) the email will automatically be sent to everybody in the List.
To remove people from the list simply tick the checkbox in the list of names and click Remove Selected.
To disable the Mailing List altogether, simply click the Switch Off icon after selecting the Mailing List email address in your list of email accounts.